Monday, August 13, 2012

Swimming Take Two


Wow, my arms are about to fall off!! I just finished my second swim practice of this training season. I don’t know about everyone else by I have a love hate relationship with swim coaches. I love how I feel after a hard swim practice, and I know that I will improve so much faster when I train with other people, but I absolutely want to die during practice and dread going every week.

Today was no exception. The office I was working at today is about 50 minutes from the pool on a good day which meant I needed to rush straight from work, to the pool and hope the rush hour traffic held off. I barely made it and hopped into the pool only 100 meters behind the other three people practice today.

I cheated and only did an 800 meter warm up so I could start the workout with the group. The main workout involved 1400 meters, three different strokes, and muscle-ups on the side of the pool. By the final 200 meter “sprint” I was struggling just to make my arms move in the proper directions. I hope that two and a half months of this will help me meet my swim goals at Ironman Austin in October.

Highpoint: learning my swimming ineptitude does not extend to breast stroke.

Lowpoint: realizing that breast stroke mandatory triathlons don’t exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment