Sunday, August 12, 2012

Red Dress Run


Saturday was the New Orleans Hash House Harriers' Annual Red Dress Run. It is a 2-mile run and an all day party and everyone is required to wear red dresses. Every August all the consignment shops in the greater New Orleans area sell out of red dress and skirts. I made a last minute decision to participate this year and the only dress I was able to get was from the children’s section at Walmart.


The run leaves at 11 but the park, bar, beer truck and margarita/daiquiri tent all open at 9:30. I made it downtown around 10am after running 6 miles and trying to wait out the thunderstorms in the hope of getting a 40 mile bike ride in before the festivities. I skipped the 2 mile run because my friends were still waiting in line for their packets when the gun went off. 


The after party involved live music, BBQ, as well as more beer and liquor. We spent the rest of the day bouncing back and forth between Louis Armstrong Park and Bourbon Street. By early evening the fact that I woke up at 4am to run finally caught up with me. I have no idea when the party in the Quarter finally came to a close because I was home and in bed by 8pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment