Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Swim, Bike, BBQ?


The plan for this evening's workout was a 1 mile open water swim and a 20 mile bike ride, followed by the bi-weekly tailgating barbecue. The weather chose not to cooperate. I ended up swimming one 1/2 mile loop then holding off on the rest of the workout because of lightning. I was expecting this to be a nice easy swim. I had been swimming much further in the pool recently. One mile should be a piece of cake. Not the case. Don't let the picture below fool you, the water was choppier than it looked. I was surprised at how awkward I felt when swimming in slightly choppy water. I think it is easier when the water looks bad to begin with. At least then I know what to expect.



The weather than cancelled my bike ride did provide some beautiful photo opportunities. There was a clear rainbow over the swim hole which didn't come out in the pictures, and the clouds were amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment