Saturday, August 18, 2012

Public Service Announcement


Always do a cool down after a long workout!! 

Today's workout started bright and early and ended with me sitting on the ground in a parking lot taking advantage of what little shade existed near my car at 11:30.


Ok, I lied when I said bright and early. It was too early to be bright. After an easy 8 mile run around the neighborhood, I hopped in the car to meet the group for a 45 mile bike ride. The last time I rode with this group there were 20 people. This week there were 6 of us and one turned back after 10 miles. We were all feeling ambitious at the turn around point so 45 miles became 62 miles.

Back to the Public Service Announcement. The last few miles of the bike ride included a few hills which I climbed as fast as possible in order to be done with the ride sooner. I finished the ride hard, and as I was packing my bike up for the drive home I almost passed out. I ended up sitting by my car, head in my hands waiting for the faint feeling to pass. It was an unpleasant end to an otherwise confidence boosting workout. I hope that does not become a regular thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment