Friday, August 10, 2012

Back in the Pool

I will be happy to see the end of the Olympics this year because it means I will get more sleep. I keep telling myself it will be an early night but end up watching all of the Olympic coverage before going to bed. The only day I didn’t see all of the coverage was when I passed out on a little love seat around 9:30 and woke up almost 3 hours later with a horrible crick in my neck.
It is Friday morning and most people would be able to look forward to sleeping in for the next couple days. That is not the case for endurance athletes in Louisiana (except for all the badass athletes that are not affected by heat). For me this coming weekend means two days of waking up 1-2 hours earlier than I do for work in order to run and bike. At least on weekends I have time to take a nap midday if necessary.
Yesterday evening was the first time I went swimming with swim group and coach since my race in the beginning of May. Starting June 1st I was no longer allowed to swim at my normal college pool because I am not taking any summer course. So I only have been swimming once every 1 or 2 weeks in the lake. My longest swim was 1 mile and the rest were half a mile or less. Swimming in the lake has helped my spotting but I am back to bouncing off the lane line when splitting lanes in the pool. Luckily this weeks altercation witht he lane lines didn't draw blood.  Horray improvement!!
Next post will involve a recap of this weekend's Red Dress Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment