Monday, July 30, 2012

New Job and New Toy!!



 Today was my first day in a new position. I am still just an intern but different office and different responsibilities. I am slowly working my way closer to the job I want not just what I have to do to pay the bills while in Grad School.

Causeway Bridge

This switch adds about 25 minutes of bridge driving (see above) to my commute each way which means morning runs happen in the dark.  Not a big deal since during the summer in Louisiana that is the most comfortable time to run anyway.

Waiting in my mailbox when I got home was my new-to-me Garmin Forerunner 310xt!

Garmin Forerunner 310xt

I had a Forerunner 305 for a few years until I lost it at a post-race party a couple weekends ago. Since I have started doing heart rate training I decided to upgrade to the 310XT in order to have vibrating alerts.

I have only used it once but I am already in love. The vibrating alerts set to the heart rate zone worked well on the run. Running 11+ minute mile pace is still painfully boring to me to but with the new watch I can start to zone out since I don’t need to look at the watch every 5 seconds. (Audio books on my mp3 player also help with the zoning out J)

Another neat feature of the 310XT is how it works with the Training Peaks Device Agent. This allows me to wirelessly upload the data straight to Training Peaks. I can now leave the watch plugged in near the front door so I won’t forget to grab it on my way out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment